Setting up the room
- Make a clear path along the length of the room.
- Lay strips of tape in parallel lines spaced one meter apart across the length of the path.
Using the fileOpen the file and click 'Enable Content' at the top.
Sheet1 - Creating the distance time graph
- Press reset to delete old values and set the view.
- The 'S' Column contains the timing of the 'Original' line. Change these for a different target graph. (Edit: Times have to be written in this format to work - hh:mm:ss)
- The 'T' Column contains the distance values that are shared between the 'Original' graph and the pupil graph. Change these if your room is a different size.
- Press prime to activate the distance time graph creator.
- Once primed, press enter (on the numeric keypad) every time the student steps across each line of tape, and a new point on the graph will created. (Note: first point created is at (0,0) and also starts the timer)
Sheet 2 - Working out speed
- 'View' sets the view
- Each button below this creates the triangles needed to calculate average speeds, but currently must be clicked in order (from top to bottom) for them to work. I will fix this eventually; at the moment the file is limited to my one use session, but I'd love to expand this to be a more multi-purpose graphing tool.